KOMPAS.com established in 1997 under the name Kompas Online. At that time, Kompas Online only act as the Internet edition of the Daily Compass. Then in 1998, Kompas Online changed its name to KOMPAS.com by focusing on content development, design, and new marketing strategies. KOMPAS.com started the pace as a trusted news portal in Indonesia.
Ten years later, in 2008 KOMPAS.com appear with significant appearance changes. Carrying the idea of "Reborn", KOMPAS.com carry the logo, layout, up to a new concept in it. Richer, fresher, more elegant, and certainly remain forward elements of user-friendly and advertiser-friendly.
This synergy makes KOMPAS.com as a source of complete information, which not only presents the news in text form, but also images, video, live streaming. These changes also encourage increased visitor KOMPAS.com active in early 2008 which reached 20 million active readers per month, and a total of 40 million page views / impressions per month. Currently, KOMPAS.com has reached 120 million page views per month.
In that year also began to display channels or canals in the front yard KOMPAS.com. Canals are designed in accordance with the theme of the news and making news every grouping has character. These canals are:
Contains information about the world of women: tips-tips about career, pregnancy, financial tricks and shopping information.
Accurate place to find updated scores, news about the team and a football match.
Contains tips and articles about health, the latest medical information, health information and interactive features.
Reviewing the latest gadgets on the market, featuring a variety of product reviews and tech news.
Presenting celebrity news, movie reviews, music and entertainment at home and abroad.
Featuring news about cars, motor cars and the latest trends and tips on caring for vehicles.
Contains the complete directory of property and articles about homes, apartments and residence.
Presenting the news photos in high resolution quality image editor of choice KOMPAS.com.
Channel which not only serves as a directory of job, but also as a career one-stop solution for job seekers and employees.
KOMPAS.com also has created a community of writing with the concept of citizen journalism in Kompasiana. Each member can announce events Kompasiana, expressed opinions and ideas and aspirations in the form of writing, pictures or audio and video recordings. Kompasiana also involves the Kompas Gramedia journalists and community leaders, observers and experts from various fields of expertise and disciplines to share information, opinions and ideas. Kompasiana, who every day give birth to 300-400 posts has managed to build communities of citizen journalism which reaches 50,000 members.
As a news portal that follow the latest technological developments, but can now be accessed via mobile phones or can be downloaded as a free application on a BlackBerry smartphone, KOMPAS.com also appeared in the iPad format and will continue to grow following the existing technology.
We currently seeking for a professional to fill the following positions:
MODERATOR For KOMPAS FORUM (Code : Moderator) - Jakarta
- Minimum Diploma Degree (any discipline)
- Interest and have experience in writing BLOG, online forum and kaskus
- Demonstrates proficiency in creating new ideas/concept
- Work great under pressure, detail oriented and target achievement oriented
- Have general knowledge and interest in online journalism
- Fluent in English, both oral and written will be an advantage
- Good personality, creative, high integrity and demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (any discipline)
- Must have min 4-5 years experience as sales in advertising media (multimedia preferred)
- Delighted to make new acquaintance, wide networking and have a passion in sales
- Excellent in making business proposal concept, preparing presentation materials and present the products and services
- Able to change in environment needs for advertising market, and compete in activity that can be used to design advertising strategies and marketing plans
- The ability to monitor, assign, direct, develop and conduct assessment of the team
- Must be fluent in English, both oral and written
- Target achievement orientation, attractive & good-looking and have the ability to drive a car and have a valid driving license
- Good personality, creative, high integrity, have a strong leadership skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment