In 2009, the company took the position of the world’s biggest IT maker by surpassing the previous leader Hewlett-Packard. Its sales revenue in the areas of LCD and LED displays and memory chips is number one in the world.
In the TV segment, Samsung’s market position is dominant. For the four years since 2006, the company has been in the top spot in terms of the number of TVs sold, which is expected to continue in 2010 and beyond. In the global LCD panel market, the company has kept the leading position for eight years in a row.
Samsung was also ranked 11th in the “50 Most Innovative Companies 2010” list put out by Business Week, a five-notch increase from the previous year’s 16th. The ranking, collated jointly by the U.S. weekly magazine and Boston Consulting Group since 2005, is based on answers to innovation-related survey questions asked to executives of global corporations. While survey answers take an 80-percent weight to the compilation of the ranking, the remaining 20 percent is accounted for by annual share appreciation (10%) and three-year average sales revenue and profit margin (5% each), respectively.
- Semiconductor: DRAM, SDRAM, flash memory
- Hard drives
- Digital display: LCD displays, LED displays, plasma displays, OLED displays
The Samsung Philosophy
At Samsung, we follow a simple business philosophy: to devote our talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society.
Every day, our people bring this philosophy to life. Our leaders search for the brightest talent from around the world, and give them the resources they need to be the best at what they do.
Imagine a career working for a company who is passionate about its People. It is our People that make Samsung the leader in diverse marketplaces and the market innovator that drives technology.
- Experienced in electronics or similar industry
- Experienced handling system After Sales Service
- Able to communicate in English
- Fluent use Ms. Office
- Ability to work under pressure
- Based in Makassar / Medan
- Having a strong personal
- Work experience : At least 2 years
- Service Network Control
- Technical Support Representative
- Acting as a representative of Customer Service Management in related areas